Sunday, February 12, 2012

Journal Comic 1

I love my job at "Tiny Village" (named changed to protect the innocent). Work in a daycare is never boring. It has it's good times (babies who greet you with a familiar smile at the start of the day), and it's hard times (saying goodbye to babies when they either move up to the next room or move away) and it's gross times (spit-up, diapers, runny noses). I love it nonetheless. You get to know them and pretty much become their second mother (some babies are dropped off at 5:30am and aren't picked up until 6:00-6:30pm. You are with them a long time). I've had babies reach for me from their parent's arms when they are dropped off. They feel happy and safe with me and that makes me happy. It's one of the most rewarding jobs I've had. :) So much better than retail!

No comments: